Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Solo Weekend

This weekend, I came up without Justin since he's in Sweden.  I made some solid progress on the evolving office/library/entryway room.  Last time we were up, I took down wallpaper.  This visit, I did a plaster skim-coat over everything since we're going to be using paint rather than wallpaper.  Check out the before and after!
Tools for the job.



Wallpaper.
Stripped wallpaper.
Skim coated plaster.















I also managed to put a few things on the mantel just to try out the idea of that being loaded with with lots of different framed pictures.  I kind of like it!  All of those items were found around the house.  Justin's opinion might be a bit different...but, like I said, I'm solo this weekend!  My design sense trumps all this weekend!
This is the "Before" of that same spot.  I hope you think it looks better!
I moved all of the rocking chairs into one location during the plastering.  I just felt like they were all standing at the ready!  "Attention!  Rocking Chairs!..  We don't have enough old people to sit in all of you!  So...At ease."

A little snow.  Brrr.  That Barn looks cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment